Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
At Fluid Power Centre Ltd, we offer a comprehensive range of Non Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques that evaluate the properties of your components or systems without causing any damage.
Saving you time and money, this highly valuable process is required as part of the re-certification process.
Working with a wide range of industries in a variety of sectors, we use the following simple and more complicated NDT techniques:
- Visual - portable video inspection and robotic crawlers enable clear inspection of areas that would normally be impossible to access.
- Liquid Dye Penetrant - examines the tested area for surface breaking flaws e.g. cracks.
- Magnetic - specimens are exposed to magnetic currents allowing the part to be magnetised. Variations in structure will create discontinuity in the magnetic field.
- Radiography - the component for testing is placed between the radiation source and a sheet of film. The darker areas of exposed film will indicate a fault.
- Eddy Current - this method is used to detect surface cracks, measuring electrical conductivity and the thickness of surface coatings.
- Ultrasonic - This involves introducing sound waves into the selected material and measuring the reflected impulses to detect faults. Robotic crawlers are used where access is difficult.
Contact Us for Non Destructive Testing
Call Fluid Power Centre Ltd today on +44 (0) 1244 289231 to test the integrity of your vessels.